-Chemistry Spectra-

By -DaN-
People nowadays literally give me a whack at my head and shout into my ears ''Dude, UPDATE!!'' whenever they see me.
I guess this shows nothing but the fact that, GOSH, my blog has been abandoned for so LOOONNGG!!!

Considering that I was once an blog-addict, who wasnt able to resist the BLOGGING-Fever, never did i know that one day, I'll vaporize from the blogging world.
BUT hey, That's soooooo not going to happen!!!
Coz, Dan's back!! And he's gonna ROCK this blogger page once again!! WOOHOO.
Alright, I shall let my perasan-ness end here for the time being.

Due to tight schedules ( dont doubt me about this coz my life's been way too packed ), I dont think I can afford to blog like I always did last time. However so, My life's so great that there's still so much stuffs to share!!
So, the solution I resort to is, in contrary to my own typical way of blogging loooooooong posts, I shall only mention the highlights. THen, u readers wont miss a thing that's so Happening in my life, and for me, I shall never abandon my blog again. HA HA HA.

Moving on. People know I've already fixed my mindset to pursue my degree in pharmacy after A levels. And after some research, guess what makes a good pharmacists?!

First thing first, it's having genuine interest in the subject CHemistry!! So, like the popular saying, If u wana love something, u have to appreciate the beauty of it first.

Hence now, I present to u, the colours of chemistry-the beauty to be awaken!! haha.



ISnt this COOOOOOOOOOOL?!

Usually we're only allowed to observe the extremely dull-boring-senseless change of colour from clear solution to clear solution. LOL. Yesterday, finally something that will flourish ur retina with light stimuli of different wavelengths! (note: as u know, different colours of light have different wavelengths)


So, those chemistry freaks out there might had already been scratching their heads wondering what substances produce such magnificent colours. And obviously not wanting to see u guys' scalp got torn out, I shall reveal the secret ingredient for my ''secret ingredient chemistry spectra''!!


*Drum ROLL~~

Red: Cobalt ion Co2+
Orange: Chromate (CrO4)2- + Barium Chloride BaCl2 + diluted hydrochloric acid HCl
Yellow: Iodide I- + Lead (II) Nitrate Pb(NO3)2
Green: Nickel ion Ni2+
Blue: Nickel ion Ni2+ + aqueous ammonia NH3
Violet: Copper ion Cu2+ + sodium carbonate Na2CO3
Purple: Cobalt ion Co2+ + sodium carbonate Na2CO3


TA DA~ There u go, ppl.
The beauty of Chemistry that had always longed for.
JPA 1,3 classmates, no matter how erm ''tough'' is the learning process of this subject is, just dont ever let ur passion in this field diminish. Let's strive for the best together!!

And now, I shall enjoy my nice weekend to the max! XD while having the pressure that our chemistry test is coming soon!! Everything under the sun that Mr. Tai taught before is going to be tested!! Wish me luck :)
 

2 comments so far.

  1. aylwin89 August 30, 2008 at 8:10 AM
    OOII faster finish ur PS first
  2. Anonymous March 10, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

    Mike

Something to say?