-Blood Donation-

By -DaN-
A biG ticK for mySelf toDay! =)

For My First ever -Grown Up Adults Resolution- is accomplished! I'm a Legal Blood donor now!!!!!!!!!!!!
* Drum Rolls!! Crush of the Cymbals!! And Blast of the Trumpets!! OH yea! XD

Within one week since my Birthday, I'm really-extremely-indisputably more than happy to be given the chance to make my aspiration come true!
Gosh. Unless U really put urself into my shoes, U'll never realize how loooooooooooong I've been looking forward to this moment of my life. Few years back then, I was that kid who kept on bugging the nurses with questions for blood donation. And, I could had guessed how annoyed they were, since I'm really was a nuisance disturbing their busy work with the blood donation campaign.
But NOW, hehehehe, I'm finally 18, and had pleasantly passed the age limit for blood donation!
Moreover, coincidentally, UCSI is having Nurses Day for 10th to 11th July, and that includes blood donation campaign too! So, for a guy like me, I obviously had grabbed the golden opportunity to be part of the campaign!
When I was at the registration counter, the assistant said, ''wow, 900704, ngam ngam for blood donation huh?'' And the other lady asked, ''how long had u been waiting for this?''
I guess either they had extraordinary psychic mind-reading power and used it on me; or, they simply sensed my enthusiasm! Okay okay. Jkjk. XD
So, after signing consent form and stuffs, though the considerably long wait, I got myself on the chair. ANd like how Siew Leng regard this as a Historical MOment, unquestionably, there must be some pictures taken!!

HAHA. To raise awareness among u ppl out there, there's some good news here! If u seek for encouragement on donating blood, first thing U have to know is, they'll give anaesthetics, and the needle will only caused nothing but an itch! ISO approved alright! need not worry =)
And, the effort of working towards to my goal must had paid me a favor, Coz my blood donation process was smooth~ First of all, I reached the venue at the point of the right time!! The counter was closing, so there werent any queue there, then when I requested for the form, I was allowed to be the last person! So unlike so so so many others who waited for aeons for their turn, my registration took me less than 5 mins!! and I started donating my blood at around the same time as Dudu they all who waited an hour longer than me. haha~ :P
Then, albeit I'm not knowledgeable enough to explain whether this is a good or bad symptom, but my blood flow was fast and smooth~ One bag full of Blood in just a short time! I bet no one can beat my timing. haha.
But one thing shocked me is, in the column of amount of blood donated in my form, it seems like it's written with 950ml instead of the usual 450ml!! But of course, I wasnt drained out 950ml of blood! It's just the style of medial officer's handwriting that's it XD I wonder what would had happened :/
Nway, U guys really have to bare with me for my sky high enthusiasm in this post alright! ;) I'm not boasting about the blood donation thingy coz so many others had done a lot more and a lot better. It's just the case that having able to fulfill what I had promised myself, is fully satisfying! My aspirations are my dreams that kept me striving for a better life. And being successful in stepping one step further in my life journey, gives me the confidence to leap a few steps more!

So, one down, a lot more to go! My next -Grown Up Adults Resolution- is under planning now! And I'm expecting a promising outcome! =) wish me luck~

Group photo of my frens who are also part of the blood donation team

And, Happy Bday Mummy~ Love u~

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?